We help the local chamber of commerce sponsor a annual free kids fishing derby for the past 4 years or so. I supply the bait and donate fishing poles and tackle for prizes for the kids. The chamber organizes it and the local gravel company lets them fish on their lake.Several other businesses donate also. I also write a check to the chamber so the kids or parents don't have to pay anything. Always a fun time! Gary
As an adult I sometimes forget how many times I used to love going out fishing with my grandpa. Little things like this mean so much to kids who do not get the opportunity that often. Surely some great memories were made. Good job for continuing to support them.
I never have a problem donating to kids Fishing outings or Derbys as that is the future of our business. It is some of the adult groups that I have a problem with! We had a group one time that was a GM Steelhead club that wanted prizes, I told them to pound sand as they had a better job then I did! We have also helped Veterans groups and handicapped groups. Gary