In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Source for MREs?

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Grizzly Adam, Jul 25, 2015.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Does anyone have a good source for MREs at a good price?
     
    Brad38 likes this.
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,664
    Likes Received:
    130,823
    Location:
    Vermont
    yeah, free, my buddy I often post about.. helping his wife when he is deployed.. he is a supply Sargeant has tons of left overs after deployment or training missions. Let me know if you can't find some closer if not we could ship ya some. let me know variety you like or dislike
     
    Grizzly Adam and Brad38 like this.
  3. unclefess

    unclefess Guest

    emergency essentials in utah , you can mix and match and buy whole meals or just parts of meals and the shipping is cheap
     
    Canadian border VT likes this.
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I like most of the modern ones, just not the extremely high prices I am finding them at. Menu 13 Cheese Tortellini has got to be my fav.
     
  5. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You would grow sick of them if you had to eat them on a regular basis. Most of the ohe's we got were high salt, and fat. We had to convince ourselves that they were ok. There was always a lot of swapping around.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yeah, it's that way with everything. At work we have meals provided on a six week schedule with some meals repeating within the menu. The menu swaps from summer to winter every six months, and believe me we all get sick of that and love when the new season rolls around and when there is an actually permanent change to the menu. Anything you have to eat on a regular basis is easy to get sick of.

    My brother used to bring a lot of these home, especially after his summer training sessions, and I developed a taste for them. My all time fav item was the freeze-dried peach bar. They have certainly gotten better over the years, still like them for camping and whatnot. My best friend and I are starting a once a week or so rifle/pistol outing at a buddy's abandoned far and we are tired of coming home for meals so I need to get my hands on more packs than I have typically needed.
     
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,664
    Likes Received:
    130,823
    Location:
    Vermont
    price to you griz, is my price free, plus shipping, tell me cheapest way to ship...I don't do much of that... I got to stop by there tomorrow will let you know about tortellini.. call it good will to a guy that puts time effort to this great forum!
     
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Thanks a lot! I will PM you some details.