In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Had a tarantula in my shop today

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Smokinpiney, Jul 10, 2015.

  1. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Well not quite but this sucker was behind a bucket in my shop. I reached down to move the bucket and I saw him move. :hair:Bout crapped my pants and ran out the door. I went back in with some carb cleaner and gave him a bath.

    KIMG0252.JPG KIMG0253.JPG
     
    HDRock, Chvymn99, Beetle-Kill and 5 others like this.
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Get ready, the rain is really gonna start now.........................................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Chvymn99, Beetle-Kill, basod and 5 others like this.
  3. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    You've just made him angry.

    Watch your six......
     
    Chvymn99, Beetle-Kill, Stinny and 3 others like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    It looks like a fishing spider. We've got 'em, yea they get big, yea, grown men can spoil a pair if startled by one. Don't ask me how I know........:whistle:
     
    Chvymn99, Smokinpiney and Beetle-Kill like this.
  5. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,127
    Likes Received:
    163,250
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Looks like the Wolff spiders that we have around here. Out in the woods is one thing, but on my turf...not cool :bug: :faint:
    Ever light 'em up after their "cleaned"?
     
    Chvymn99, Smokinpiney and Beetle-Kill like this.
  6. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    That's a modest sized one compared to some of the ones I encounter here. I see them run from the wood bag that size regularly
    The monsters I scoop from my pool have abdomens bigger than quarters with a leg spread 4" wide.
    They ain't gonna bite you - just a spider, may run pretty quick though
     
    Chvymn99 and Beetle-Kill like this.
  7. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I actually like most spiders. Yep, always freak a bit when you don't expect them and then..BAM.. one drops out of nowhere onto your head.
    For the most part though, I leave them alone, just shoo them into a dark corner where they belong.
    Black Widows and Brown Recluse get the brake-cleaner treatment, and I hope it hurts. No mercy for those.
    Smokin's spider would've really pizzed off the wife though.
    Chipping that smear off of my tighty-whiteys before washing, yeah, not a good time.
     
    basod and Chvymn99 like this.
  8. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    I think your right. I get alot of grass and wolf spiders here but not many fishing spiders. This was the biggest i've seen. He's in spider heaven now :heidi:
     
    Well Seasoned and Chvymn99 like this.