Crazy but true, I actually get more junk mail here than at my previous home of 20 years. Not worth the trouble. Then again I am still new to this town and like to see some of local business ads/notices etc. I found these 2 places CatalogChoice.org DMAchoice.org Is there a better place to use? Anything .gov?
Federal Trade Commission. I used the links provided https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email It says may take up to 90 days. I'll be curious!
Actually the credit card offers are much worse than cabelas. I think I did the 5 year opt out correctly....
My honey saves all of the newspapers and junk stuff for fire starters. In a season, I'll go thru a stack maybe 2' high. Not the plastic coated stuff tho.
I have a chute built into the rear of my mailbox. You just reach in from the front and push them rearward down a chute into the recycle box...............................
I like to stuff all of my junk mail like pizza and fast food flyers into those pre addressed and stamped envelopes from unsolicited credit card companies etc. and mail them back. Not only do they pay to mail the it to you, they pay the return postage and then they have to pay someone to open up the envelope on the other end and dispose of my recycling Just make sure that nothing has your name on it when you stuff the envelope
I do that with credit card offers, take anything like your name and stuff off and then tear it up in little pieces and mail them back! Years ago I would get company that would send a book unsolicited and then expect you to pay for it or send the book back . A little Elmers glue between the pages and back it would go. Gary
If I get credit card solicitations, I write on it "Remove from mailing list" and put it their addressed and stamped envelope and send it back. A couple of times doing that and they quit coming. Any magazine should have a website which you can cancel junk mailing. Otherwise find their subscription card, write on it and mail it back. Upon request, our Post Office will put a red dot on the sorting side on any mailbox that doesn't want junk flyer etc. I get the flyers for our two local grocery stores but what gets me is the flyers from stores in Nanaimo - 4 hours drive away. For those fans of Cabela, they opened a new store in Campbell River so we get flyers for that now.
I get them too, Love to look through them. I do order from them. My membership has some free shipping. For me it sure beats going from store to store. I also buy a lot from Amazon, but surprised no publications from them. The UPS delivery persons knows my dogs names!