In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Might have just made a good firewood contact

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by papadave, Jul 9, 2015.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    So, the local laundromat/hair care place (took my granddaughter for a perm) owner is having a new septic field put in and one of the guys doing the excavating does tree work.
    I mentioned to him that if he needed some place to dump wood, he could drop it in my driveway.
    I told him where I live, and he knew where I am (small community) since it's only about a mile away.
    Anyway, he says, "yeah, that'd save me having to haul it so far if I'm in the area".
    I told him I'd take anything......even Pine.
    Get this, he says Pine is fine to burn......all that talk about it creating flue fires is bull.:thumbs::dex:
    So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and if it happens, I'll obviously post pics.
     
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,649
    Likes Received:
    130,676
    Location:
    Vermont
    That's it I am going to talk to my local tree service guy! You guys getting wood dropped off in drive is just too sweet.. :thumbs:
     
    Horkn, Drvn4wood, Shawn Curry and 3 others like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I didn't think it would be possible up here, since so many people use wood.
    Sounded like so many other stories of the tree guy not wanting to pay dump fees or spend the time and fuel to take it somewhere.
    I'm not totally convinced this will pan out, but maybe.
    He lives somewhere down near my brother's place about 4 miles from me.
     
    Horkn, Drvn4wood, Stinny and 2 others like this.
  4. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    If he is close I would think he will drop it off. I do some tree work and if I don't have room for the wood at home I am more then happy to give it away if the place is close. I literally filled a wood lot for a guy two weeks ago. He loved it, and so did I bc when your doing tree work having to haul the wood longer costs money. Imo the faster you can dump it and get back the more money you will make on that job.
     
    Horkn, HDRock, Drvn4wood and 4 others like this.
  5. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,493
    Likes Received:
    113,827
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Sounds like a good game plan, hopefully it will all pan out....:thumbs:
     
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I see Dave working his majic at the local laundromat, good to hear you weren't hanging around checking out the silver foxes at the hair salon.
     
  7. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Fixed it for you papadave. No need to thank me :)
     
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::dex::dex:

    How are you controlling that drone from way out in Iowa? :D
     
    Ashwatcher, Stinny, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  9. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Grizzly Adam installed a new application on the web site that I use. :)
     
    Ashwatcher, Stinny, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  10. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Sounds like a plan man, if it works out, hope it does for ya:thumbs:
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  11. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,484
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Lol. See, I told you you needed a flowbee papadave