After being in intense pain (knee) all day Saturday I made it back to Amarillo today. I went to my doctor and it's either Gout or a blood clot. I looked up Gout and that sounds correct but I'm scheduled for a ultrasound asap.
Either way, take it slow and easy especially if it is a clot. If one of those breaks loose, it can have devastating results. Don't overdue it until they know what it is for sure.
We will pray for healing for you Unicorn. BrianK may be able to give you some suggestions if its gout.
I hope it's gout too, that will be easily solved. Just remember to eat a balanced diet. I suggest lots of fruity booze drinks so you kill 2 birds with one stone.
Ok gals and guy, time for some good thoughts for Unicorn1. He is getting some test to determine just what the problem is. Wishing him well!
Update, I has an ultrasound and I have no blood clots, a blood test will check my uric acid level for gout. The knee feels a 100% better and I'm taking a zee pack steroid. Thanks everyone, I take my health for granite and it doesn't take much to get off kilter. I borrowed a Timberline chain sharpener from Seriesiii109 and bought a cheap ultrasonic cleaner for the chains. More to follow.
That is good news. A blood clot would have been terrible as that can turn out to be fatal. But in the knee I figured it was not a clot. Glad you are feeling better.
That goodness you don't have a clot, the z pack with steroids is Azithromycin (antibiotic to kill germs) and prednisone (steroid to reduce inflammation). Usually a 5 day course. You might get diarrhea, eating food rich in probiotics will help with that. It is the swelling from inflammation that causes the pain. If you haven't had prednisone before, be prepared to be a bit hyper. Best not to have alcohol while on this medication.