Yesterday I received my Council Tools 3.5# Dayton axe with straight 26" handle. This tool is absolutely perfect for carrying with me while falling trees. It's super compact, but yet delivers overwhelming power driving wedges with it's flat pole. They totally deliver on their goals of : 1. Manufacture a quality product. 2. Offer value by being an innovative and progressive manufacturer. 3. Be straightforward and honest in your dealings. 4. Be a good corporate citizen
Here's some images of my axe. The first is the axe after sanding with 60 grit sandpaper to increase the grip and give a fresh surface for painting. Gorgeous and functional hickory handle. , The hickory handle is friggin' awesome, and I hated to paint it, but I really needed a high vis handle out in the woods, so, here it is... This axe is going to see some serious "work"." It's a great value for a great quality made in the USA tool!
It's not too bad. I got it for driving wedges in bigger hardwoods. They seem to take more persuasion sometimes over the tall skinny poplars. It will make a mess out of a wedge if you don't hit square.