I've been a Ford guy, mostly because my dad is a ford guy too. I'll have to dig up some pics of my 2 fox body lx 5.0 mustangs. I sold my last one when I bought my house in 08, a 92 silver with black top vert, and the factory white leather seats. I've been very tempted to either get a new 5.0 or a used gt500, or gt 5.0.
That's exactly what I wanted too! Though I now despise GM, I still get a little excited when I see one of those drive by. My wife tells me it's because there's too much redneck in me...
Had a great day at Carlisle yesterday, the car showed well! Thousands of amazing cars there! My Boss found herself a Boss of her own!! She loves those old Boss Mustangs! They're a bit out of my budget, but she sure looks good behind the wheel!!
I learned to drive in a Maverick, though nothing like yours. Dad had one with the inline six, and had one (actually a Comet, same bones) with the 302 for a little while. I imagine yours goes pretty good! Greg
Nice boss 302. Yeah, those are sweet cars. I nearly bought a 70 grabber orange boss 302 clone when I got my 87 lx 5.0. The engine was originally from a boss 302, but the body was converted. It was mint, but I needed a daily driver. The fox body had cruise and air. Not so on the boss.
My father was a Ford guy had 3 Mustangs in his teenage-college years all three stolen(Boston/Brockton MA) in the late 60's first one never recovered, second found on milk crates stripped, third taken for a joy ride, screwdriver through seat and dash board. He swapped it with my grandfather for an IH scout - wasn't a hot target in the city and the that old ugly mustard yellow 72 stang was rusting away under a tarp in my aunt &uncle's backyard - last I saw it 25 years ago.