In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What filled my adolescent dreams.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by schlot, Jun 4, 2015.

  1. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Ok...so Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Tiegs filled most of them, but these filled the other ones :)


    [​IMG]

    AC (Ford) Cobra

    [​IMG]

    Ford GT40

    [​IMG]

    Porsche 935
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    thistle, Eric VW, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  2. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Ferrari F40 - Toilet by todays standards of performance and power, but still sexy to look at
    [​IMG]

    Or Monster trucks: the only ford I would ever own
    [​IMG]
     
    FarmHand78, cnice_37, thistle and 4 others like this.
  3. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Not a prancing horse fan myself....but the GT40 was pretty sweet.
     
    Eric VW, Horkn, basod and 1 other person like this.
  4. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    The testarossas are aesthetically appeasing as well to me anyways, provided you are living in flat south Florida with pastel golf shirts and sports coats ;)
     
    Eric VW, Horkn, rottiman and 2 others like this.
  5. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    A few more.

    [​IMG]

    Bob Glidden's 1972 Pinto


    [​IMG]

    Porsche's 917K
     
    JA600L, Eric VW, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  6. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Without bewbs, I have no recollection.
     
    cnice_37, Eric VW, basod and 6 others like this.
  7. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I was the same way, I loved cars, particularly ones that I could actually afford someday like mustangs and camaros. I told myself that as soon as I had my own garage I'd buy either an older Mustang or Camaro for a project build.

    Of course, now that I'm older I have absolutely no interest in owning a pony car. Give me a nice handling sports sedan any day.
     
  8. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    That Cobra ... :drool:
     
  9. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,632
    Location:
    IN
    Would be a fun thread to post your favorite car made the year you graduated high school.
     
    Eric VW, concretegrazer and schlot like this.
  10. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    schlot you have excellent taste in cars! I've been a Ford nut since I was a wee kid......also loved the Porsches and vintage Ferraris, as well as Lamborghinis.

    Going to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle this weekend, I'll be checking out a couple of authentic GT40's along with tons of vintage Shelby wares in the 50th Anniversary Shelby tent....
     
    Eric VW, Horkn, basod and 2 others like this.
  11. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Thanks man...say do me a favor will you? Pick up something for me from there. I'm not picky...it's doesn't even have to be a Gt40. A Boss 429 works too. :)
     
    Eric VW, Horkn and Scotty Overkill like this.
  12. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    [​IMG]

    Oh those Hawaiian shirts and tighty white shorts....Lol. (Yes, my face is about to crack from the smile.)

    A far second place:
    [​IMG]
     
    cnice_37, Eric VW, basod and 3 others like this.
  13. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,632
    Location:
    IN
    Scotty Overkill if you see anything along the lines of this, go ahead and pick it up for me.

    [​IMG]
     
    thistle, Eric VW, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  14. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,632
    Location:
    IN
    I doubt this will be there, but if it is, I want it too:

    [​IMG]
     
  15. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  16. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,632
    Location:
    IN
    Eric VW, Scotty Overkill and rottiman like this.
  17. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    As far as attainable cars I really wanted but decided were bad ideas due to insurance.
    Every now and then I see a cream puff some middle aged guy with kids has to remove from his garage. Late 80's IROC Z black with red pin striping
    [​IMG]
     
  18. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    I have my 1971 Maverick Grabber (aka "Poor Man's Shelby"). It's sweet, though......and perty fast too!!

    20150525_125804-1.jpg

    FB_IMG_1432503072752.jpg

    20150515_193222-1.jpg
     
    basod, thistle, rottiman and 4 others like this.
  19. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    My wife's dad had a testarossa when they first came out, also a couple 911s of various flavors, and other nice toys.

    He was in San Francisco area.
     
    basod, rottiman, schlot and 1 other person like this.
  20. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Mopar.........a couple in the stable

    P1010014.JPG P1010075.JPG

    DSCN0108.JPG