In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Out my kitchen window

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Woodwidow, May 24, 2015.

  1. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,526
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    As most of you know, I have an awesome view out my kitchen and living room window. As I was making a rhubarb, strawberry and huckleberry desert this morning, I glance down at the construction happening next door and this is what I see.

    May 24 2015 (2).JPG

    She is saying "what is going on here? We always take this path down to the blackberry trail."

    May 24 2015 (5).JPG

    She is joined by another one who goes over and inspects the wall obstruction.

    May 24 2015 (7).JPG

    And another one shows up. They all inspect the wall but decide to go around.

    May 24 2015 (9).JPG

    I missed taking pictures of the fourth one who just went down to the wall, had a look around and then went over it.

    These deer quite often have shown up in the property next door and browse through the grass, picked the blackberries and stopped traffic on the street. Their life is slowly changing.
     
    basod, Loon, Stinny and 9 others like this.
  2. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    What is being built there? Odd looking foundations.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  3. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,526
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    that's the retaining wall for the bottom of the property. There is an easement on the other side of it. I think he is going to build terraces to take advantage of the slope. It is two properties being treated as one.
     
  4. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    How did the Camp Inspector enjoy the dessert treat?.....................
     
  5. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,526
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Not lunch yet. I will let you know.
     
    campinspecter and wildwest like this.
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    I keep forgetting the 3 hr time change.......................... :doh:
     
  7. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,526
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Rave reviews for the dessert!! :thumbs:

    PS thanks for the subtle reminder I spelt dessert wrong.
     
  8. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Any way you spell it, it's still GGGOOOOOODDDDDDDDD...................:thumbs:
     
  9. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,633
    Location:
    Vermont
    • the deer were pretty, but you made me drool over dessert :drool:
     
    Backwoods Savage and rottiman like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    That is like yesterday. I was splitting wood but time to quit. Shut the engine off and put things on the atv then get on. Whoops. 4 deer watching me and they are not very far from me either. One would not even look as she was chowing down on some clover. I waited for a while then finally got back off, started the engine and split more wood. After about 15 minutes they finally left, and so did I. I simply will not get on the atv and drive toward them. They in turn give me some wonderful times and views. This morning I went back and 3 of them were right beside the splitting pile. Had to wait them out before i could split. Life can be good.
     
  11. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,526
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    They came back and I just missed a picture of two dogs staring at two deer staring back. The deer mostly ignore the dogs even when they are barking their heads off.
     
  12. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Number of times I have fired up a saw in the bush and in no time been visited by curious spectators. One thing about deer is that they get very curious around mechanical sounds. I actually thing they are more relaxed by the sound.