In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wanted! old wood cook stove cast iron cook top

Discussion in 'FHC Classifieds' started by BrianK, Apr 28, 2015.

  1. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Wanted: old wood cook stove cast iron cook top.

    I'm building an outdoor kitchen using recycled brick and firebrick and I need a cast iron cook top with burners and flue connector from an old wood cook stove. I don't need the stove body, firebox, oven or other parts, I just need the cooking surface and chimney adapter. The whole top off a boxwood or longwood stove would work fine too, I could even use a pot belly stove top. Price? Cheap would be great, free even better!
     
    Eric VW and mike bayerl like this.
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I hope you find one Brian. Will there be a thread of it when it is done?
     
    Eric VW and BrianK like this.
  3. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Eric VW likes this.
  4. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    That site has some eye candy on it.

    Any scrap yards in your area that could have some stoves?
     
  5. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    I have a friend checking around for me, nothing so far. I've been searching CL and Ebay for parts or cheap whole stoves but nothing in my price range worth buying so far.
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,780
    Likes Received:
    66,363
    Location:
    Central PA
    BrianK I have this old Home Comfort that'd be a perfect candidate for yiur project. Come check it out and make me an offer.
     
    Eric VW, Stihl Livin and BrianK like this.
  7. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Thanks Scotty. I'm hoping to find something that the body and firebox is shot on - so its not destroying a good old stove to cannibalize it for this project. Is the Home Comfort worn out? How big?
     
  8. Stihl Livin

    Stihl Livin

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2014
    Messages:
    433
    Likes Received:
    993
    Location:
    Minnesota
    BrianK and Eric VW like this.
  9. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Thanks. I'm using the CL app to search within a reasonable radius of home. I think Minneapolis is a little bit out of my radius, and the shipping alone would be more than I want to spend. :ups::faint: