Decided it was time for this old building to go. I wanted a better view of the fields out back. Here it is in three easy steps
No doubt you made things better by doing this. I have a couple small buildings I've intended to tear down for the last 10 years or so. They still stand...barely.
Thanks dennis. The building has been on it's last leg for a few years now. I only stored lumber and the mower in it along with some other junk that's been in there for years. I have plenty of space in my other buildings so it was time to go. On the plus side we were able to get the roof down in one piece. We cut it in two pieces once down so it can be re-used as a roof next to the bonfire pit out back and a roof for a shed on dad's property next door. Much easier to move as two 12ft sections rather than a 24ft with two forklifts
I plan to extend the roof line of the left building about 8ft for an open, covered seating area. The rest will get a bit of grass seed and some bushes along the building on the right.
The covered roof your putting on the bldg to the left, you said it was for seating. I didn't know if this area was to be designated for something specific
Ohh gotcha! Nothing in particular really. Just somewhere we can sit and enjoy being outside even if it's raining. Might even incorporate a bar into the building wall
They're actually not taxable because of the dirt floors and open front. Least that's what the assessor told me a while back. Can't put a price on a view.... Oh wait yea they can