This is not the widow maker I had hoped to cutting up today after yesterday's high winds. All of the old ones are still there, but I found this new one. Broken poplar hanging right over my main trail - I must have walked under it 10 times today before I noticed it. Bank shot, around the spruce: Here's how I get leaners down - notch goes on top, then keep knocking blocks out until its down, or its small enough to walk down:
Good for getting it down, I pulled down one yesterday with my UTV. Looks like you did a lot better then the guy in this video.
Only thing I do different Shawn is that I have never notched it. Never saw the need, it is quicker without it and less use of the saw. But you do have to know what you are doing and keep a sharp eye on things.