Last chance to get to the cabin to try and burn a pile of brush I'd covered before snow last fall... wanted to get it burned while we had snow pack. My son and I had a ball ridin' in and shootin' the breeze. Always do... here's proof minus the duct tape headband... Loading and riding in... Tarp worked well... good to see it had stayed on with the string I'd found in the cabin.
It stayed dry enough all winter... took right off! Made him wait til I stopped laughing (smokin log got away from him pullin' it outa the snow) so I could get the pic. Only took about 2 hours, had a nice lunch on the porch and headed out. Really glad one a my ole FHC buddy's convinced me to get off my azz and get this done...
Took a pic going by... can't really see it... bottom of the back is gone... shed's fulla chit so bad now... it'll end up being burned too.
Yeah, it's azz is kinda up there, huh. I could load it facing forward if I didn't have the box on front. It hits the cab... don't ask...
It was about 35 I guess, slight breeze. When I drove through Farmington on the way I started thinking we'd be havin lunch and just going home... there was no snow (18 miles away) nothing. Everything was brown. Couldn't burn if the snow pack was gone. Ended up being about 18"-24" still there. Come Sunday it's gonna be 60 so this was it for getting it done.
Yep, gotta' git 'er dun while ya' can. We still have burn ban here, so all the branches are getting moved to the field instead of being burned. It's quicker anyway. Good cover for the massive bunny community we have.
My honey and I are trustees of a local cemetery. It has a huge tree that used to be a shrub. Last year, we got over there and took half of it down (they freighted my truck, there were so many branches) and went up to the cabin for lunch. I laid them over the brush and cabin scraps pile, then covered the whole thing with the tarp.
Thanks for sharing your day with us. Wish we could have joined you? But then looking at the snow, maybe not. I just love that cabin and its location.
Stinny, you had a better day than these folks. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/apr/09/stevens-county-familys-log-cabin-stolen-off/