In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Found this great video for all us woodworkers

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by papadave, Apr 1, 2015.

  1. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    ID1, HDRock, milleo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Huh, I don't have 2 shop vacs - so, in the mean time, I'll keep using the "yellow" shop vac bags- they work great, as long as you don't suck up any metal or sharp stuff. As a side note, you can pull the seam loose, empty the bag and staple it back together- voilĂ ! new bag!
     
    Stinny likes this.
  3. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Dave left out how he cleans the second vac Eric VW ... how does he come up with these ideas... :yes:

     
    HDRock, milleo, basod and 1 other person like this.
  4. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Good ole April Fool's
     
    papadave and Eric VW like this.
  5. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I have two shop vacs. I am running out to the box store in a few minutes to buy a third one so I can get the second one clean as the first. Great tip!:D

    My reasoning with vacuuming the shop area is to collect as much crap as possible, taking up floor space, thereby creating less area to vacuum.
     
  6. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    I have a nice Dayton wall mount that I bought for the metal drill press at work - easy on/off and a strong one for its size.
    I kick myself for not buying one for my own garage when my last shop vac quit(after multiple attempts to re-solder the brushes)
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  7. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    By hanging out with the pellet heads and the rest of us hoarders here :handshake:
    the original leaf blower trick post from 2 of our own here My man Smoke and then re posted ,by my man Dex this chit really works :thumbs::thumbs:

     
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    A little lighthearted humor is gooder for the soul.
     
    HDRock and Stinny like this.
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Ya got me! April fools on me.
     
    HDRock, Stinny and papadave like this.
  10. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    I can't believe I scrolled thru the comments first and wasted the 1:35 watching the video.

    Curse: May papadave have to shovel snow again this weekend.
     
    papadave, Stinny and HDRock like this.
  11. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I knew it was April fools before I clicked on it .
    Didn't see anything from Lee Valley Tools this year
     
    papadave and Stinny like this.
  12. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,785
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    I don't get it, that's how I do it. Luckily I have about 100 hepa vacs for asbestos work
     
    HDRock and papadave like this.
  13. Norky

    Norky

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2013
    Messages:
    972
    Likes Received:
    3,083
    This is actually not a bad idea, he's just doing it all wrong.
     
    HDRock and papadave like this.