In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Time to start my spring time projects

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by schlot, Mar 28, 2015.

  1. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Well no more excuses, time to get some things done.

    Decided to hold off paving our drive until next year, so I decided to put some rock down last weekend. I put that little trailer to good use hauling 3 tons of rock to our little casa.

    [​IMG]


    Today I got to work on putting up an equipment shed where I process my wood. The power auger helped alot but I had to finish the last 6" by hand.

    [​IMG]

    Its going to be a 8x12 mono slope shed. I got 4 of the 6 posts in today.

    [​IMG]

    The stack of wood on the ground is the wood I found at the local tree dump 2 years ago. All are treated and all except a few were in perfect shape. I covered it and waited for a project to appear. Bingo!

    There is enough wood to do the purlins and roof joists!

    Tomorrow after church I will get the last posts installed and put up some purlins. Wish me luck.
     
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Chvymn99, Woodwidow, Deacon and 3 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Looks like your off to a running start this spring. Looking good.
    What other spring time plans do you have this year?
     
    schlot likes this.
  3. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Thanks. New gutters on the west side of the house, new soffit on the east and west sides and stripping off the old siding then puttting up new sheathing, pink board and siding on the north side of the house.

    Oh and taking a shower at least one time this spring....whether I need to or not. :)

    How about you?
     
  4. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,292
    Likes Received:
    58,602
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Ugh...driveway gravel, I have to do that this year!! Nice Pics!
     
  5. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    Nice work buddy.
     
    schlot and My IS heats my home like this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Still unsure, trying to pay some debt down this spring in order to prep for my wife being out of work for a month or so. Shes having surgery in April. So we will be on one income for a little while.
     
  7. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    I hear you man. I wish we could pave the driveway but just can't swing it yet. Good things come those who wait right?

    Hope her surgery goes well.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  8. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Hey man you aren't too far away so if you get bored tommorow..... :)
     
  9. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    It's going to be to windy tommorow to do anything out side.lol
     
    schlot likes this.