In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Barkeater

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 22, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We stopped at the Farmhouse Restaurant/Cafe in Lake Placid New York, I saw the Barkeater on the menu so I ordered it, with the maple syrup, it was real good.

    It's french toast, blueberries mixed with cream cheese.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Woodwidow, Loon, HDRock and 12 others like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I don't suppose you saved me some....?:rofl: :lol:
    Just read the description to my wife and she said she's heard of it........and she didn't tell me.:loco: :crazy::picard:
     
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    That looks great. I was expecting some sort of shredding equipment.
     
  4. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    Looks pretty and good!
     
    Well Seasoned and thewoodlands like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nope, unlike Bill, I inhaled!
     
    Stinny, papadave and Well Seasoned like this.
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Ha! I expected to see some sort of equiptment too for the woodlands...... looks delicious!:drool:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  7. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    My wife said they call it stuffed French toast at the local breakfast places. Strawberries are used sometimes.

    Apparently, I am not getting out enough for breakfast like she is.
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We came back today and the first thing we notice is our neighbor took down about seven healthy White Pine, he told me last fall it would be the last time for raking up pine needles.

    I did see some big azz chippers on the way up but because of traffic, I couldn't pull over for a pic.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Your job if you decide to accept it is, have the BOSS take you to breakfast and take a damm picture! :dex::flipeggs:
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Saturday was a good feeding day for this family, breakfast with family (all U can eat) after that we took a walk down to the Farmhouse Restaurant where I had coffee and the Barkeater, after that we went to Whiteface mountain where we watched some family (young kids ski, they can fly) after that we walked down the hill to the restaurant (yup) we ate again, after all the eating went back to a very nice log cabin house (relatives) where we rested for about an hour, we'll since it was time to eat we decided to go eat in the room Colgate had setup for their fans, yup.......we ate again.

    The picture is the room Colgate had for their fans. In the second picture you can see some tan bricks, that is the entrance to the hockey rink that holds three rinks, the 1932 Olympic rink, the 1980 Olympic rink and what I always called the practice rink in the back.

    http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/...eplacid/olympiccenter/jacksheaarena/index.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Brooks_Arena

    http://www.whiteface.com/
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Chvymn99, Loon, HDRock and 2 others like this.
  12. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    Just looking at that pic put me in a diabetic sugar coma !
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  13. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Thanks Zap! I'm going to make it for my girls for breakfast tomorrow before school. :flipeggs:

    I'm telling them I'm making them "bark eater"... There going to think I'm off my rocker.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    :thumbs::dex:
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  15. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    My daughter graduated from Colgate.......
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  16. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,326
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Zap, you probably did more for the sales of the "barkeater" then their marketing campaign!!
     
    thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.