In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hot doughnuts!

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by DaveGunter, Mar 15, 2015.

  1. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Look like doughnut holes! Yum!
     
    papadave and DaveGunter like this.
  3. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    Yes, holes...they are gluten free for my wife, the gluten free dough does not hold up for the doughnut shape...it's all the same hot fried dough in my belly:)
     
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,526
    Likes Received:
    95,602
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I love doughnuts :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    [​IMG]Um. Hi! Can I try one a dem?
     
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks great........ My stomach is eating my liver now.......
     
    DaveGunter, Gasifier and papadave like this.
  7. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Went grocery shopping a couple days ago, and I had one heck of a time not grabbing several different donuts to take home.
    I really like the custard filled with chocolate on top.
    'Em r gooder.
    Apple fritters are good too, but not sure if they're considered a donut.
    Paczki are good. I really shouldn't do this right before bed.
    damm you Dave!:rofl: :lol:
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I did just that for the kids. Donuts were buy 6 get 6 free. (You think there is a little mark up on them when they can still make a good profit doing that sale?) And the fresh bagels were the same price. I came home with enough breakfast for three days. :thumbs:
     
    papadave likes this.
  9. tuneighty

    tuneighty

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2013
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    1,670
    Location:
    South Central PA
    I think an Italian name for them is "Zeppoli's", I make them out of pizza dough when we have pizza parties.
     
    papadave and DaveGunter like this.
  10. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    I bet you're familiar with Faschnaut Day, I remember being served a hot Faschnaut in grade school in Gettysburg.
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    My Grandmother, and my mother, use to make home made fritters. Man they were awesome. Just home made dough flattened out thin into large round irregular shapes and deep fried. Add a little butter, then syrup. Or confectionary sugar. Oh man. My mouth is watering now. I need to learn how to make those. Even though I'm suppose to be eating less bread/carbs.:emb:
     
  12. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Looks great. Lots of orchards make apple cider donuts in the fall around here.

    Not to derail but zucchini fritters are good dipped in powdered sugar.
     
    Woodwidow, DaveGunter and Gasifier like this.