In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Grizz's New Hat

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Grizzly Adam, Mar 10, 2015.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I ordered it when it was -10 out, now it's warm like summer.

    image.jpg
     
  2. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    :yes:

    Been wearing fur lined bomber hats in the winter for many years. The wife thinks they look silly but I've converted the son and daughter too:whistle: Hard to argue with comfort and warmth...
     
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    [​IMG]

    I have a rabbit fur lined hat that is incredibly warm.
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice hat Grizz. Looks plenty warm. Will you keep the beard in the warm weather?
     
    Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I'm not sure I understand the question...
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Does the beard get too hot with the warmer weather? So that you go with a "cooler" style?

    [​IMG]
     
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I have never heard of any such thing! I have had a beard for many years, but never this long. I guess we will see.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I thought it may get to hot and itchy with the warmer weather. Maybe not.

    So, Alright. Just don't get too carried away. You wife may start using you for decorating year round.

    [​IMG]
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    It itches more when I'm shaved.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,754
    Likes Received:
    224,638
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Ahh, the old "Bison Sideburns"!
     
    Well Seasoned and Gasifier like this.
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    When you keep the beard during the warm months, you'll get uv protection and fish jump right in the boat.
     
    XXL, Gasifier and Grizzly Adam like this.
  12. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Nice hat Grizz. I will say that I am preferential to bomber style though. I picked up a nice sheepskin one a few summers ago on vacation. Barely could put it on my head when trying it on. Super comfortable in the winter.
     
    XXL likes this.
  13. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    плохиш
     
  14. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,301
    Location:
    Central MI
    Nice hatd and I've worn similar but any more my hats have to have a bill so shade my one good eye. I like this one:

    Zap hat.JPG