It seems Woodstock is diversifying. A big box just showed up on our front porch, addressed to my daughter Marie who came up with our Fleur de lis design. She's going to love the colors.
Very Nice Brian, Marie will really appreciate that. I'm sure her artwork has been placed onto alot of IS stoves and many more to come. The artwork they sent out looks like a modified side medallion, love the colors
Thanks! The letter they enclosed said the Fleur de lis design has graced close to 40 IS stoves now and is one of their most popular designs. I'm pretty sure the artwork is the same size and shape as our side medallions, with a ring around the outside edge to hold the half inch tempered glass top. Future table designs will likely have a lower shelf and bolt on legs for ease of shipping but this one is welded.
She's a freshman in college in Ohio. We're bringing her home for spring break tomorrow evening so she'll have a nice little surprise waiting for her here when she gets home. When Tom first called our house to talk about Beta testing the IS stove in the fall of 2013 I was not home and Tom talked to Marie. She was a senior in high school (she took a year off to work before starting college) and not at all happy that we were replacing our "pretty" Woodstock Fireview with an ugly (in her opinion) steel stove. We homeschool and Marie is no wallflower. She can carry on a conversation with anyone and Tom really enjoyed his conversation and banter with her. He always asks about her when I talk to him and I think he's still trying to win her over on the new stove design.
That's gorgeous. She got the welded one. The beta testing has more dividends than thought at first, eh? Have the camera ready to capture the look on her face.
What a stand up thing of WS to do for your daughter. Sounds like her design was a huge success! I'm sure she will be honored to receive such a gift from them! Congrats Brian!
Fantastic! I'd like to be there when Marie sees it! As for Tom, one never knows what he will come up with next and this is good. After finally getting his mortgage paid off, he has been able to put more dollars into new products and has done a really great job. We do with him well. Thanks for posting this Brian.
Thanks Dennis. I talked to him about a week and a half ago about the Beta Franklin stoves, and he asked about Marie, where she was going to college, whether she would be home soon. I told him she was going to be home on spring break and he said that was great, that they were sending out something for her to Beta test. Then I got an email yesterday: Brian- We sent a prototype (first one!) of a little table that we are going to make from the side art files to Marie (she is now a beta tester). It should arrive on Thursday or Friday. Hope she enjoys it. It’s our way of saying thanks to her for getting the customization process going. There is a piece of safety glass in the box, along with some pads for the legs and glass. This protoype is welded, but final design will bolt together and be able to be flat packaged. We’ll add a few options, and maybe a lower shelf. We had to start somewhere! ...It's about 14.75" diameter x 20" tall. 1/2" safety glass. Hope she likes the colors! Best wishes, Tom I guess if Marie wants to take it back to college with her I'll have to let her but then I might need to order one for the house here. My wife likes it!
Great pics Brian, glad she liked it and has already put it to good use. Will she also be participating in the beta when it comes? And, will the Franklin be a stove that incorporates artwork like the IS?
Marie doesn't do much with the wood stoves besides enjoy the warmth and complain that she misses the looks of the Fireview. I think the Franklin will be versatile, from a basic box to the Franklin style, possibly others, they plan on using the firebox as the basis of several designs. I assume they'll be customizable too. I was up in New England last weekend but the Beta wasn't ready so I didn't visit the factory. Tom said they'd go ahead and ship it when its ready.