In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Noodeling with the 650 !!!

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Nov 30, 2013.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    WOW!!! Is all I can say. This is the first I have really run it, other than some test cuts.

    Until today I did not really enjoy noodeling, this thing put a huge grin on my face! I can pretty much lean on the saw as hard as I can and not stall it! Noodeling with the 390 was doable bit not pleasurable.

    Mastermec was right these big saws really are thirsty! Noodeling with a big 84cc really drinks the fuel! A little over a tank to do this!


    IMG_20131130_171105.jpg IMG_20131130_171118.jpg IMG_20131130_171124.jpg IMG_20131130_171132.jpg
     
    fox9988, basod, Pallet Pete and 5 others like this.
  2. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    The last big tree I processed, we just kept pouring fuel into the 460's and covering the poor homeowners yard with noodles. It's a ton of fun.:thumbs:
     
  3. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Oh I forgot to mention this thing will throw noodles like 7ft behind you!
     
    mdavlee likes this.
  4. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I noticed a big difference noodling with the 460 from the 290 never ran anything bigger than the 460 though
     
    clemsonfor, OhioStihl and mdavlee like this.
  5. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    I was ripping some poplar and getting a tank to a cut with the 660, 288, and 9010. I made 3 cuts and all 3 were empty. Those big saws will go through a lot more fuel than you're used to.
     
    thistle and clemsonfor like this.
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Bit there also doing a lot more work in that time. But yea there drinking fuel.
     
  7. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Yeah I prefer the large saws to get the work done quicker. I don't have a running saw under 88 cc here at home right now.
     
    thistle, DexterDay and clemsonfor like this.
  8. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Noodles with little saw..... No fun.:(

    Noodles with big saw..... Lots of Fun!! :thumbs:


    Holy cow!! Nothing under 88cc!! :eek: Although, that isn't a bad thing. Much better than saying "I don't own a running saw over 45cc" :p Big saws Rock!' :smoke:
     
    mdavlee and thistle like this.
  9. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    SP125C in early May before restoration was complete.That was with a older Sugihara bar w/worn out sprocket nose & almost new .404 skip chain :cool: Filled a bushel basket in less than 2 minutes :rofl: :lol:

    I just call it ''mulchmaker'' anymore.
     

    Attached Files:

    Chvymn99, mdavlee, basod and 3 others like this.
  10. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    Definitely burns fuel to noodle. I hear you there.
     
  11. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Well I've got a 357 sitting there now to see what it needs this week. I may have a running saw under 90 cc soon. The 460 is waiting on a cylinder to get back from machine work:axe:
     
    DexterDay likes this.
  12. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Glad it showed up :) Hope you get it running goo Everyone needs at least 1 saw under 90cc :)

     
    mdavlee likes this.
  13. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    I'll have the ported 460 for the light work. I'll use the 357 to prune rose bushes and toenails :whistle:
     
    DexterDay, clemsonfor and MasterMech like this.
  14. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    I remember a thread in the old country ;) where a member trimmed the churches rose bushes with his MS440.

    Can't remember if he was trimming or leveling tho..... :rofl: :lol:
     
    mdavlee and DexterDay like this.