I was home today and the powerline company was here to cut some right-aways. 6 trees. Ash, Elm, Walnut, Cherry, Locust. All standing dead with bark coming off. They cut about half to length and stacked it on the edge of the driveway. It just doesn't get any better than that Pics to follow of coarse
Sweet! Be careful when you bend over to pick the wood up....that horseshoe might fall out Had you talked to them before or while they were cutting or did they just cut it and leave it without you asking?
Yes just a reference to someone's good luck. That is all great BTU wood to find at any time, but to be found standing dead, cut to length and stacked at your driveway by someone else....I consider that pretty lucky.
Wow, that whole thing was just short of the wood delivery man knocking on your door and saying, "where would you like us to put it"
Nice! I've had that happen. "I see you have a wood pile, would you like some more? I have the wood from an oak tree job around the corner. How long would you like it cut?" However my only bitch about cut to length tree service wood is that the length is always +- a few inches.
Thanks 550 xp eps I put new tires on it recently called Grim Reapers. I was really surprised how much better it went in the snow. We have about 10-12 inches on the ground.
About 1/3 of this stack I hauled right in . The other Cherry and Locust rounds need split. Started raining so will get more in tomorrow. The freezing rain is getting pretty bad here now. Keep safe
They bucked it about 14-16" Thats a good length for the Fireview Now if they just would have split it down to 4-5" splits
All my have chewed sticks But GHEEZ this one is obsessed with wood, bark and even mulch!(and some furry thing he found outside...OOh yuck) He sneeks to the basement and brings bark upstairs to chew. And ya know were he eats it...on the new livingroom carpet But....He's cute...