I was lookin for some type of cart that i could just park at the bottom of my bilco doors and toss wood into so i asked my dad (who basically has anything and everything lying around in his acres of stuff accumulated over the years). Of course he has exactly what im lookin for! I think it's some type of linen cart but it works perfect for me. I park the quad and trailer at the top and just toss the splits right in. Then wheel the cart over to the wall near the stove and im done. No more armloads up and down the stairs 10 times a load. It has removable netting on the side for easier access to the bottom
Wow, how cool is that. Anything to save time and effort so you can do other stuff.......like cut more wood.
That's perfect for your setup, takes a lot of work and Im sure some of the mess out of moving the wood in.
A mail cart huh? Im pretty sure it'll be sturdy enough judging by how thick the plastic is. A few times i just backed the trailer up to the doors and dumped the wood down the stairs, but then i had to carry it all over to the wall and stack it. Plus clean up the mess of bark and dirt. So most times i just carried all the wood down and stacked it.
Perfect ! How long a cart load last you ? If a big storm is coming, fill the cart & the steps. A week + worth of easy to get wood.
This is the first time i've used the cart, Im guessin i'll get a few days out of one load. If a big storm is headed our way, i'll probably do just that. Might even dump two loads down the steps just in case
Very nice. I'm looking for something similar to that. I have a walkout basement thru the garage and I just want to wheel in a cart to the stove in the basement.