In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Shepards Pie

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Pallet Pete, Feb 8, 2015.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    You're really mean today Pete.
     
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    gbreda, jeff_t, mdavlee and 3 others like this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    :dex:
     
    wildwest and papadave like this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    He's on a roll.
    Wait, did you make rolls, Pete?
    The cafeteria at my last job had Shepard's pie every once in a while, but there were no veggies in it.
    Yours looks really good.
     
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Did I ever! Drop biscuits last night. received_1617726155122746.jpeg.jpg
     
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    PP is in comfort food mode today, pulling out all the stops!
     
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Apple pie, shepards pie... Pizza pie later?
     
    Chvymn99, mdavlee, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I have to add Pete to my list of folk's food posts to not look at.
    I just can't stand it.:hair:
     
    mdavlee, wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  9. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,676
    Likes Received:
    144,757
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    chicken pot pie
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Just for you I'll make a pot pie too lol..
     
    wildwest and papadave like this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Made 2 of those a few days ago.
    I know, couldn't be true...no pics. I couldn't help it, I ate 'em too fast.....and I had accomplices.:D
     
    savemoney, Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  13. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,676
    Likes Received:
    144,757
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Pallet Pete , do you freeze them or refriderate you meals? Whole in the pan or individual servings?
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  14. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid

    We dish up our food for lunches then the rest goes into the fridge for dinners when we get home. There's no need to freeze any of it as it's gone by the end of the week sometimes sooner. Sunday is our baking day for the week at the pallet house.
     
    savemoney, papadave and wildwest like this.
  15. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    We are starting pot pie as I type! Thanks for the idea...:thumbs:
     
    Chvymn99, papadave and wildwest like this.
  16. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    Just like my grandma used to make.
     
    Pallet Pete and wildwest like this.
  17. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    You've got to be kidding me. How much can you cook in one afternoon? My backside would be the size of a Volkswagen if I lived at your house?
     
    Chvymn99, wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  18. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Is Sunday at the Pallet House! We cook a weeks worth of lunches and dinners every Sunday. Wish I had a VW! Now my sides hurt from laughing...:rofl: :lol:
     
    Chvymn99, wildwest and Gasifier like this.
  19. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Holy crap Pete, your on a mission!
     
    Pallet Pete, Gasifier and wildwest like this.
  20. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    A mission toooooooooo high cholesterol? What?
     
    Chvymn99 and Pallet Pete like this.