Glad to hear from you, hadn't heard your weather reports lately. .... Kinda of enjoy hearing about the weather up there. Well it sounds like it's time to hunker down with those winds.
I saw the alerts for Alaska let night on the weather channel and immediately thought of you, Dave..... Haven't heard from you on a while, I hope you stay warm!
Not sure why there is a new and old way to calculate it but this tool shows some pretty low numbers. http://www.onlineconversion.com/windchill.htm
Wow BD thats brutal. Throw another log on the fire and grab a cup of tea. I'll be up in August, hope it''s not quite that cold when I get there.
Wondering if when you put the roof on, did you use nails and adhesives? High winds = good day to stay out of the woods.
Dang dave, that sounds cold!! Betcha that stove is tryin to take off like a rocket with winds like that. Stay warm my friend!
It is because the wind chill charts were revised last year. Air still feels the same but the charts are different.
I was wondering how much more light you're getting. At over 1/2 hour a week, you'll be there in no time!
Been on a 24 hr. stove load/pattern here for the last week or so. Weird weather, too warm for this time of year. But we had some winds also, hit over 60 a week ago. I stayed inside, it's no fun being outside when it does that.
Forecast to warm up to mid 30°s starting Wednesday. Hope that's the straw that breaks the cold & wind for this winter. Maybe get some snow