In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I have an INK-ling

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, Jan 30, 2015.

  1. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    I have a bug to get a tattoo. I am curious what ink do you want, have or have had the chance to look at. I already have the start of my plan scratched in my mental sketch pad....and yes it involves firewood. :campfire: And yes that is kinda a hint of the basis of the tat. Lets see em :dex:
     
    wildwest likes this.
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,321
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Greenstick, just think of putting a patch on your jean jacket...kinda like they did in the 60's early 70's. upload_2015-1-30_8-36-41.jpeg
    Next, put it in your closet for 10-20 years or so. Now take it out and wear it every day!
    Not against tattoos (well, not much) but remember whatever you choose today will be with you unchanged until you leave us.
     
  3. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've always wanted to get a fish on the back of my shoulder. I've even sketched up a small-mouth bass exactly how I want it, but what mostly worries me is that it wouldn't turn out as good as I hope, and then I'm stuck with a crappy looking tattoo for life.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  4. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    I understand where you both are coming from. I have seen things that make you say why?!? However if it is something that truly has meaning and symbolism to the core of your being and you research the artist and their work it can be a thing of beauty. I have been thinking on this for years and still have time to wait till I ink. One kid of ours has gotten cool looking tats that we asked what do they mean to you...they look cool. Ya bout 10 years later he now admits we were right and wishes he wouldn't have got something that was only cool but also meant something.
     
    wildwest, fox9988 and eatonpcat like this.
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,321
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    bassJAM- A crappy looking fish? Do you mean crappie looking?
    Greenstick- There were only a couple images I had considered for a tattoo while in Hong Kong with the Navy. Never got either of them....
     
    wildwest and bassJAM like this.
  6. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I used to know a girl that had the Honda wings across her back, they went from shoulder to should. She said it had meaning because she really like Honda sportbikes! Eventually she "matured" enough that she had them turned them into angel wings. I've also got a buddy that has a 3" wide chain tattooed down the length of his spine. That happened when he was drunk and on vacation in Florida, and woke up wondering why his back hurt!

    I tend to agree that you shouldn't put something permanent on you like that unless it truly has meaning.
     
    wildwest and eatonpcat like this.
  7. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    Not sure about this. Somewhere (a comedian?) I heard a story about a lady that got a lil butterfly tattooed on her backside. Years later it looked like a pterodactyl trying to take flight :rofl: :lol: No offense ladies, it could happen to any of us o_O
     
    wildwest and eatonpcat like this.
  8. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    I have had a meat tag (dog tag on the ribs) for 21 yrs. USMC tradition.Easy to cover when needed and no regrets yet. That was considered when I choose it.
    If I needed to hide/change my ID, I could stick a hot iron to it.
     
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  9. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Guy I know really well has this for a tattoo.... 20150131_151917.jpg :thumbs:
     
    fox9988 likes this.
  10. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Actually, they change a lot over the years. They fade and sag and lose all but the dark colors. There's a lot of money to be made in laser tattoo removal these days.

     
  11. jetjr

    jetjr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    8,953
    Location:
    Pa/Md line
    I got quite a few. Most don't mean anything to me other than I like the old biker style tattoos.