In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Nice little black birch harvest

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by mike bayerl, Jan 24, 2015.

  1. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Got my birch dropped, CSS'd and my newest stack setup (better sun and wind, still have to put a roof on).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now I've got to split and stack the standing dead Ash tree I took down. At least the same amount... High quality BTU's. Especially since I split everything by hand so far.
     
    Todd 2, tigeroak, Paul bunion and 3 others like this.
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks great, nice work. Birch rare around here....I'd live some though.
     
  3. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    grow like weeds here
     
  4. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    must smell good, they used to extract oil of wintergreen from the twigs/young bark to flavor chewing gum and candy stuff.
    I've never seen a black/cherry birch. We have white and grey birch which don't smell like much of anything and yellow birch which has a bit of wintergreen smell.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. prell 73

    prell 73

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    3,725
    Location:
    ia
    Nice load.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,183
    Location:
    Central MI
    Splitting that ash will be like a dream.