In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Potatoes And Hot Dogs Skillet Dinner

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by thewoodlands, Jan 11, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I remember my father cooking this when we were younger so I'll be doing this tomorrow for supper on top of the wood stove.

    We'll be adding some onions to this.
     
    thistle, papadave and wildwest like this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,583
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I love skillet potatos, yummy!
     
  3. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,752
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    more details please......... sound like something I will like
     
    papadave likes this.
  4. oldspark

    oldspark

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,534
    Likes Received:
    7,444
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Dont get much better then that!
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Sautee some onion and garlic, then add potato cubes and cook on low for a while?
    Add dogs later?
    Heat up some baked beans to go with.:sleeping:
     
    thistle likes this.
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Thewoodlands. That sounds good! You said you were going to burn some brush soon. The cold is a good time for that and you can keep your backside warm while doing it. It was once said that the best sentries always had there back to the fire. Please use caution if not long after the above meal. (Especially if you add the beans.)
     
    thistle and papadave like this.
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Today is the day, some vittles on the stove top a coming...
    waiting for the pics so I can drool on the table
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    It does sound good. My father use to make beans and franks often when we were kids. Fry up a bunch of dogs in the cast iron skillet. Then add the beans until a good simmering going. Place on plate and bring on some bread!:thumbs:
     
  9. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    wow, are we related gas? Mine did the same thing. B&M and some cut up hot dogs,
    A slice of bread and we were off to the races.
     
    papadave and Gasifier like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    o_O I have another brother?!!!! Holy Cow! I already have 6 brothers and 2 sisters. :rofl: :lol:Well maybe, hopefully some day we can eat that exact thing together at an FHC G2G IS. We need to have one in the Northeast sooner or later. This year is not going to be possible for me. But, in the future we should plan a Northeast G2G. Now you guys have me hungry for this. I am going to make it sometime this week!
     
    papadave and My IS heats my home like this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I just know you'll grace us with pics, of course.:thumbs::popcorn:
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  12. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Soooooo, what happened? Where are the pics? :startled:
     
    papadave likes this.
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We took some taters an put them in the "Radar Oven" for about 7 minutes on 10, take them out and let cool...........peel then cube them up to the size you like.

    Put some veggie oil in the bottom of the skillet....add taters and your onions with garlic powder,salt, pepper and your sliced up hot dogs.

    Cook until you think it's done.

    The green stuff on top in pic 0629 is some Utica Greens we had left in the fridge.

    I'm not sure what recipe we have for the Utica Greens but they're good.
    https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=B211US0D20120818&p=utica+greens
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  14. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA

    ;) :campfire::MM: :D:dennis: