In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

John Dietrick & The Country Gems

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Grizzly Adam, Jan 17, 2015.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Record of my Dad and Aunt's band from back in the 70s. They played all across Iowa and several other states for over 30 years. I swiped the record from his house today and converted it, I supposed I should tag him. Grizzly's Paw


     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    That's very cool. :thumbs:
     
  3. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
  4. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Very cool Adam, good ol country
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  5. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Nice, so cool. Big difference between the days when you played 45s and YouTube.
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I was spoiled with all the good music when I was a kid-- must be why I can't stand modern country. Either that or it just sucks.
     
    savemoney and swags like this.
  7. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    That's because that music came from their hearts and wasn't crafted by some mass promoter who thought he could make a buck from it.
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  8. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
  9. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,332
    Location:
    Central PA
    Nothing like the pop-n-click of an old 45!
     
  10. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    Good stuff.
     
  11. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I'm impressed. Those lyrics are so representative of the times back then.
     
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    They are relevant again with the current recession going on again. I believe they were written during the last big recession.
     
  13. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I like it. Old timey sounding.