Always humbling when I see the duck P. videos. This guy really "went off the grid." Amazing skills! Always a great reminder of how much I should appreciate modern conveniences and how much brains and skills are way more important than power tools and brute strength. He definite works very hard, but ultimately it's his "smarter" working that allows him to survive and thrive. Discuss...
Funny! I have the video, thats duck Preonoke (sp?). Awesome video and incredibel story. This guy in his time in AK could do it all and if he couldn't he find a way around it to make it work.
I've been watching some of his videos on YouTube in my down time at work. Definitely a man's man. Some of the other videos it links to are pretty cool too.
There is a website that sells his vids. I NEVER get tired of watching them! Pretty sure they are called "Alone in the Wilderness 1 and 2, and Alaska: Silence and Solitude. That'd be awesome to go to Alaska and live off the land....
Also very cool, if any were interested and got to Alaska... the state takes care of duck's camp and folks can visit it now. There's a video of a guy doing that. Interesting to see the pics from years ago and today. There's another interesting video called Arctic Son, telling the story of a couple and their son getting off the grid. They made it 14 months I think and then came back summers.
LOL I just returned part II to the library yesterday. I had part 1 the week before. I never get tired of those vids.
I love when he makes the hinges and latches out of spruce roots and burls. All by hand with a handsaw, file, chisels....