In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

That weighed the Yota down a bit.

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Gasifier, Nov 10, 2013.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    A bit of stove chow for the camp.

    The suspension lift kit on the truck is a coil over in the front but the back is done by adding another leaf. So it adds a little to the trucks capacity. I wouldn't want to put any more in it! :eek:
     

    Attached Files:

  2. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    That truck will deserve a nice washing after that :)

    Those Timber Heats burned well for me in my limited trial run
     
    jtakeman and Gasifier like this.
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    You are right. It needs a washing. It earned it's keep today. All pellets inside camp now. A decent work out moving them in.
     
  4. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Yota needs a little love after that:) Nice choice in truck and color too:cool:
    The timber heats rocked for me last year :thumbs:
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    They are $219/ton at Lowes.
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    The timber heats seam to be working well. I have had one time where the stove "went out" and I believe it was because of a "build up", or whatever you guys would call it, in the pot. At least I found that there were still pellets in the hopper and to the auger, but the fire was out and stove was off. I found the pot to have a charred build up that is in the shape of the bottom of the pot. Is that what you guys call "clinker" build up? My first attempt to resolve this is I turned the stove settings up from 2-3 to 3-4. I will see how that works.
     
  7. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Typically, increasing the LBA when burning on heat level 2 will help.
     
  8. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Hey Gas....so overall, what do you think of the stove?
     
  9. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I'm happy with it so far.

    A couple of things. First, I'm not living in the building it is heating. Second, I am burning the stove on a lower setting, this is probably not optimal for good performance.

    So both of these things make it tough for me to give a rating yet. Same as for rating quality of pellets. Tough to call them good or bad when I'm burning on lower setting. I have recently increased setting with the colder weather.
     
  10. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I knew you weren't living there. Are you going to be spending more time there anytime soon? I'm curious as to the way that thing heats when turned up and it's very cold out.
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    We do spend time there. We go back once or twice a week, sometimes for a few hours to eat dinner and hang for a while, or if I am off on a weekend day we will spend almost the whole day and evening back there. It heats well but the last time we were there for the whole day the temperatures were in the mid 30s I guess. The other day I turned the settings up to 4-4 when we were down to 15-20 at night. (settings are 1-9) These temps were here for the last two nights. In the morning when I went down the camp was at 48 degrees in the room with the stove(the room is almost all large windows) and 43 degrees toward the back of the camp. I have a small fan, about 4", that helps to circulate the air around in the camp.

    What is that stove you are burning in?
     
  12. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    You mean the picture in my sig?
     
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    No. Well, maybe I guess. LOL. I see a New England's stove there. Right? What stove(s). How do you like it? Is this why your curious about if I'm happy with mine?

    So far, my pellet stove is doing what I ask it to. I wanted something simple to heat the camp and keep the electric heat from coming on. It's working well. I burn through 9-10 full cord at my house. Did not want the work of wood at the camp as well. Pellets are nice.
     
  14. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I love my stove. It has a few quirks like with anything else but still love....and more importantly, wifey likes it! I was just curious, since it's been a few weeks now, what you though of it. This is my stove minus the log set.....



    upload_2013-11-22_12-48-8.jpeg
     
    imacman likes this.
  15. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Ton #2. I was thinking of taking half of it at a time but then decided I didn't want to go back again. I have wood to cut! The Timber Heat are doing a good job and are a good price. $219/ton at Lowes. Not bad. So far I have been through about 1.5 ton.
     

    Attached Files:

    smoke show and will711 like this.
  16. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Slvrblkk,

    I guess I missed your last post. I like the stove. Simple and not bad at all to clean.
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  17. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Way to go Yota can handle it and them Timber Heats nice choice and a good price:)
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  18. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Good price on those Timbers Gas!
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  19. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I'm thinking I will go through 4-4.5 ton for the season. Not bad to keep the camp 40-50. We also come down once or twice a week and hang out so before that I turn the stove up to 7 or 8 for a while.
     
  20. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Thats about what my Yota looks like with a ton in it. I usually just take the Dodge and put 2 tons in it and it just starts to squat. 1 ton single rear wheel.
     
    Gasifier and eatonpcat like this.