In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Added one more to the freezer

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Smokinpiney, Nov 18, 2013.

  1. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Up at deer camp in ny with some family and friends this weekend. Filled my tag on sat around 2:30. I almost got ran over by a huge doe in my ground blind and this guy was hot on her tail. Just a small 5pt but im guessing he's around 160lbs. I love these big bodied ny deer. Im only here for three days so the first legal deer I see draws the short straw.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,691
    Location:
    IN
    Should be some good eating there. I'm butchering mine tonight.

    Good looking round there too. Win-win.
     
  3. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Just got home and weighed him, dressed out 130lbs. Gonna make lots of sausage with this one :drool: . He crashed right next to those rounds. I think it was a sign!
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Some good sausage there.
    Nice bullet placement :)
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    gettin' ready to do some bear hunting this weekend and early next week....one of my favorite times of the year.
    Rather than do the long drives through the laurel, I've got a good little spot at the head of one of my favorite hollows to post in my stand this year.......

    And there is LOTS of fresh bear sign up there! If I get a bear, it'll be turned into sausage, bologna, and I'm going to so some cold pack (canned) meat out of it too.......
     
  6. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Thanks! I hit him behind that shoulder, back just a little bit. He was quartering away from me so i aimed back knowing it would come out the other shoulder. He ran 30 yds.

    Good luck scotty! We saw lot's of bear sign up in NY too. Warm weather is definately keeping them up and on their feet,
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.