In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Little Pizzas

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by 94BULLITT, Dec 14, 2014.

  1. 94BULLITT

    94BULLITT

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    Messages:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    7,189
    Location:
    Frederick County, VA
    Here are some little pizzas I made on the stove. I used Thomas English muffins cut in half for the crust.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Is that salami? Or pepperoni? We prefer salami?
     
    94BULLITT likes this.
  3. 94BULLITT

    94BULLITT

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    Messages:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    7,189
    Location:
    Frederick County, VA
    Peperoni, I'm not that crazy about peperoni pizza but it is what I had. I like sausage the best on my pizza.
     
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    whatever the topping they look tasty!
     
  5. 94BULLITT

    94BULLITT

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    Messages:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    7,189
    Location:
    Frederick County, VA
    Thanks, they were tasty.

    I also like to take left over pizza and warm it up on the stove. Get the stove up to 600* and put some pizza in a skillet and put a lid on it. I found that it is best to put it cheese side down for a little while to get the cheese warmed up a little then flip it. It tastes better than when it was cooked the first time.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Glad you got to use the stove for some mini pizzas, they looked good. Just out of curiosity, what was your stove top temps reading on your therm?
     
    wildwest likes this.
  7. 94BULLITT

    94BULLITT

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    Messages:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    7,189
    Location:
    Frederick County, VA
    Thanks, I think when I threw the grill pan on the stove was 450 but by the last batch it was around 600. I'm still learning to cook on the stove. Next time I'm gonna put the pan on 20 minutes before I start to cook the so it warms up.
     
    My IS heats my home and wildwest like this.
  8. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Do you use a trivet when you cook? The Ideal Steel stove I have has 3 front burners built into the top lid.
     
    94BULLITT and wildwest like this.
  9. 94BULLITT

    94BULLITT

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2014
    Messages:
    2,446
    Likes Received:
    7,189
    Location:
    Frederick County, VA
    No but I probably should get a couple.
     
    My IS heats my home and wildwest like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Please refrain from posting Pizza threads. I am an addict and I haven't had breakfast yet.
     
    94BULLITT likes this.
  11. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,765
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    we do this regularly, try some Munster cheese and a little Italian seasoning.
     
    94BULLITT likes this.