In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Little Hampton

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by tfdchief, Dec 8, 2014.

  1. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    30s by day and 20s by night. The little Hampton loves it. The Buck is getting a rest. image.jpg
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Nice.
    20-30 all winter and I could cut my wood use by a whole lot.
     
  3. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    Me too, but it won't last.
     
  4. Norky

    Norky

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2013
    Messages:
    972
    Likes Received:
    3,083
    Nice boiler. Don't usually see them with those kind of handles.
     
    Backwoods Savage and tfdchief like this.
  5. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    It came with a black wooden handle, but they used to come with a stained wooden handle, which I liked. Even their web page show it with the one I have, so I ordered it from Regency.
     
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,330
    Location:
    Central MI
    Steve, methinks many would be very happy if these temperatures stuck around until March and then warmed up!
     
    Woody Stover and tfdchief like this.
  7. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Beautiful picture of the hearth as usual, chief.
     
    tfdchief likes this.
  8. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    Yep Dennis, I think you are right, and me too! But of course it won't last. Comfy while it does though.
    Thanks FP, we sure do enjoy it. Never would have believed my wife would want her own wood stove in her kitchen, but I guess when you live together for 45 years, some things are bound to wear off, and I think my love of wood burning finally wore off on her in 2011.:BrianK::) She wakes up every morning to eat her breakfast, 5 feet from a warm fire and there aren't to many mornings she doesn't thank me.
     
    Woody Stover likes this.
  9. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Always enjoy your hearth pics Chief. I really like your setup :)
     
    tfdchief likes this.
  10. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Agreed. My wife appreciates it too.
     
    tfdchief likes this.
  11. Woody Stover

    Woody Stover

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,261
    Likes Received:
    3,046
    Location:
    Southern IN
    Yep, we've had a nice run lately. I love being able to go 12 hrs. with a 1.4 cu.ft. stove, heating the place for several hours on just the coals. Heck, I'm still burning up chunks and uglies. I don't envy those folks out east at all...winter can stay away for a while longer and I won't mind a bit. :)
     
    tfdchief likes this.
  12. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    Yep, my little 1.34 cu in Hampton is doing just fine in this weather. The Buck stands ready to help when needed though, but in the mean time, this is nice!