Hey guys, you get to vote for your favorite stove design over at Popular Mechanics. Pick your favorite design and vote. http://www.popularmechanics.com/hom...or-a-better-wood-stove?click=main_sr#slide-15
For sure vote but I fear this will be a farce. Lots of folks will vote to help someone out and not know a thing about what they are even voting on. I surely hope this is not how they will be picking the winner!
I use Google Chrome and a pop-up blocker extension that works great and more secure/faster the Internet Explorer.
There are two contest. The primary contest is being judged by people in the industry. The 2nd, this one, is just consumer preference with some minmal guidelines about what to value. Lopi Cape Cod is winning. How does the Lopi equal innovation? I know its a hybrid, but I think the PH beat it to the punch by more than a year. ..and it cost almost $4K (but maybe that's the pretty enamel one).
I am on the iPad right now I don't get on the computer much anymore. If I cant get on the mobile site from all the crap I don't bother trying again. Maybe later Ill go upstairs and try on the Mini.
Woodstock Soapstone, Travis Industries (Lopi) and Kimberly are neck and neck and neck in the People's choice award. There is a link to vote below for your choice. This data was sent to me by Woodstock as I am on their mailing list. http://www.popularmechanics.com/hom...or-a-better-wood-stove?click=main_sr#slide-15 Steve -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Friends and Owners - Thank you! Thanks to everyone who voted for us in the Woodstove Design Challenge contest. The firebox that we designed for this contest has produced record efficiency rating across a wide range of outputs. The graph below shows its performance this fall in a series of tests performed by an independent lab. Our 82% efficiency rating is a record for wood stoves, and is comparable to a good oil furnace! Also pictured below is a Woodstove Lamp, which we will show at the Design Challenge. The lamp is powered by a TEG (Thermoelectric Generator) which uses heat from the stove to create a small current - enough to keep this lamp going, or charge a cell phone. To read more about our Woodstove Design Contest entry, click here and read about our efforts on our company blog. It’s also not too late to vote for us in the Popular Mechanics “People’s Choice” survey. So, if you haven't done so already, please vote for our entry by clicking here. Thank you in advance for your vote! Tom Morrissey