In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

( Official ) Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Paul bunion, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    With Scotty’s approval I am pleased to announce the First Annual Firewood Hoarders Club Secret Santa gift exchange. Yes, we are setting up a gift exchange for members to give a gift to another. Scotty, showing his excellent managerial skills, said the idea sounded great and that for suggesting it I was welcome to implement it.

    If you would like to participate post a reply in this thread, and then send an email to me at [email protected]. The subject of the email is Secret Santa. In the body put your user name along with your real name and mailing address.

    Signup and this thread will be closed at 9:00 pm EST on November 25th. At that point I will put everyone’s name in the digital hat, shake it up and assign recipients. Your assignment will come via the email account that you sent your intention from so please make it an account that you actually read.
    The gift can be anything, it need not be firewood related. If you are going to the store to buy something the suggested spending limit is $35, not including shipping. On the other hand there is no minimum; creativity reigns and finances exclude nobody. (Except you will need to pay shipping.) Gifts should be sent to arrive by December 18. Please allow time for transit in shipping, I know that we have members in at least 2 countries.

    Gift certificates or other electronic entitlements are ok, however I ask that you have them sent to yourself and then forward it on to your victim, open up a new email account to remain anonymous if you wish. That way if there is a problem with non-receipt, (spam filters or whatever), you will be able to straighten it out quite easily.

    I look forward to your participation. This is going to be a lot of fun. Please look for the official “what I got” thread where you can post your thank you notes. That way every giver knows things were received.
     
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I'm in. This is a great idea. And as stated above, the minimum dollars is "Zero". If you are handy with your hands? Or just have something lying around that you don't use and maybe the other person can??

    Paul, Kudos to you brother!! This is a very large undertaking and a stand up thing to do!! We appreciate your time, energy, and effort!! Thanks again!
     
  3. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Brilliant! Count me in!
     
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I'm in for sure !
     
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I'm in. And yes Paul, you had a neat idea here. Being its a fairly new site, it may take something time to gather steam.......but you gotta start somewhere.

    I hope you guys like creativity........because I'll probably be making a custom gift. IMO, homemade gifts are awesome, so if you guys have a talent and a little time, put it to use!
     
  7. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    EXCELLENT!! I'm in!
     
  8. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    im in
     
    Paul bunion and Grizzly Adam like this.
  9. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I'm in. If you get my gift, it will be either made of wood, iron or a used cat toy. Depends on who I get.:cool:
     
  10. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Oooh. Ooh.. Pick me.. Pick me!!

    I really need a nice Coal rake!! LOL!!
     
    Paul bunion likes this.
  11. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Ohhhh, I could try that. Wheels are turning.
     
    Paul bunion likes this.
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Food counts fp
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  13. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Im in. Email being sent shortly
     
    Paul bunion likes this.
  14. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Glad to see you guys participating, this is going to be good fun. Please don't forget to send the email.
     
  15. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    Im in even though I think its still to early for Christmas but I do understand the need to get it all sorted out in advance to allow for shipping and all.
     
  16. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am hoping we call all open our gift Xmas morn!
     
  17. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice mj1017. Just say I was building a mini splitter, that would split nuts, that would take some time to build! Lol (I know, that would actually be a cool build)
     
    Paul bunion and mattjm1017 like this.
  18. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    Haha that would be really cool.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  19. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That's one of the million dollar ideas.
     
  20. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I'm in! Dead seagulls make a nice gift:p…… Great Idea:cool:…. Ho Ho Ho
     
    raybonz, Paul bunion and mattjm1017 like this.