In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I love my T6!

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Certified106, Nov 12, 2013.

  1. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Just got home from a 3 day business trip and walked through the door to a blast of warm air from the stove. Nothing quite like walking in out of the cold the heat from the fire. I Also love the fact my wife runs this stove so well I don't even worry about being gone. Cold starts aren't even an issue any more and I don't pull up to smoke rolling out the chimney. :thumbs:
    IMG_20131112_174927_034.jpg

    This was the tail end of the burn cycle.
     
  2. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Looks good Cert. I have to give my wife a lesson or two yet on the new stove. She could do the old dragon pretty well if I had it going but this new one I want to be around for awhile when she works it.
     
    Oldhippie likes this.
  3. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Just put in the night load of chunks and uglies. Coals to burning good in under ten minutes. Gotta love dry wood!!

    image.jpg
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I'll second that !!!!

    What time will she be ready for another load Cert
     
  5. BrowningBAR

    BrowningBAR

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    2,105
    Location:
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    I always liked the look of the T6. I searched high and low for a used one around here. Closest I came to was a T5.
     
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    House was 72 when I went to bed and the outdoor temps were 29. At 6 am the house had dropped to 68 and the outdoor temps were 18. Nothing but some coals in the stove so I put in more wood and ten minutes later we were off to the races. One hour after loading it the indoor thermo is showing 70.

    Not to bad for punky, chunks and uglies. I am happy with right at ten hours on not so great wood.