In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

1st snow

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Nov 9, 2013.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    :eek:
    It's Snowing. 28°
    o_O

    100% chance tonight of snow/rain mix.:mad:
    DSCF1752.JPG
     
    Gasifier, milleo and Certified106 like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Will have to plow drive way soon.
    DSCF1753.JPG

    :)
     
    milleo and Certified106 like this.
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Coincidentally, we got our 1st here today also. Started about 10 this morning and snowed all afternoon. Have about 3", with temp around 30. Supposed to go up overnight to 36 and rain all day tomorrow. We always get at least a dusting by the 2nd week of deer season and it is right on schedule.
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks like downright blizzard conditions right now ;)
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Freezing rain warning:

    ...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM AKST THIS
    EVENING...

    * ICE ACCUMULATION...LESS THAN ONE QUARTER INCH.

    * TIMING...FREEZING DRIZZLE AND LIGHT FREEZING RAIN WILL
    CONTINUE THROUGH THIS EVENING. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO
    WARM TO ABOVE FREEZING BY MIDNIGHT.

    * IMPACTS...SURFACES WILL BE COATED WITH ICE MAKING TRAVEL
    HAZARDOUS. ROADS AND SIDEWALKS WILL BE VERY SLICK THROUGH
    EARLY THIS EVENING.

    With snow on top :

    Tonight: " Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible"

    Body shops will be busy next week !
     
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    That weather forecast sounds nasty! I hate ice!
     
  7. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Think I 'll stay home & watch the fire.
    Near time to refill the wood box :)
     
    papadave likes this.
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Ice and I have an uneasy truce.
    As soon as it gets here......game on!
    Keep warm and cozy Dave.
    And, may the only ice you get, be in a nice drink of choice.
     
    Chvymn99 and thewoodlands like this.
  9. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    You and me both. Somehow each year, i manage to introduce my big fat arse to ground zero at least twice. Used to be more fun when I was younger, now its scary. Isn't it amazing that when you do that, the first thing that races thru your mind is "Hope nobody saw that" and your looking around.
     
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    First think in my mind is "I wonder if something will break when we have impact".
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    It has to come sooner or later. Doesn't it? I just hope any large amount holds off until I get some wood cut.