In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I've got a 36" oak tree

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by the GOAT, Oct 5, 2013.

  1. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    And I need a chainsaw to cut it down. I've got $75 to spend..
    What should I buy???
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    thistle and Well Seasoned like this.
  2. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,274
    Likes Received:
    66,602
    Location:
    IN
    Put an add on CL and charge $750 for the "firewood".
     
  3. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Great new avatar Mike. Big improvement over the last one. The last one was too scary to even look at. He should "Go away, and NEVER come back!"
     
    thistle and the GOAT like this.
  4. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    No love for Barney around here, huh?
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  5. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Wild Thing with muffler mod/18" bar/skip chain.Generic brand Extra Strength Tylenol to make the $75 budget.
     
  6. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    I barely learned to tolerate the purple dinosaur when the kids were little but that rainbow dino is a bridge too far.
     
    thistle and the GOAT like this.
  7. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Don't forget they need to be licensed bonded and insured.
     
  8. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Beer. $75 should get you enough to get that tree cut up. (I know plenty of guys that would do it for a case. And that won't cost you $75.....)
     
  9. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Yep
    Wild Thingy, full woods port.

    Here is a nice Wild Thingy video
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  10. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I see these all the time on CL and ebay, not too expensive either......
    You're gonna need few Tylenol the morning after you use it, though!!;)

    [​IMG]
     
    metalcuttr, swags and papadave like this.
  11. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    Took me a little while but I picked up this 026 earlier this year for $47
    [​IMG]
    Which goes quite nicely with this $20 066
    [​IMG]
     
    metalcuttr and Scotty Overkill like this.
  12. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    I've still got $8 to spend :p
     
    metalcuttr and Scotty Overkill like this.
  13. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    smartazz......lol....