In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wood from Today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Nov 7, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I had to haul some chit wood to the wood dump so after I did that, I decided to grab some of this ice storm damaged wood on the side of the trail, Maple and American Hophornbeam.

    http://forestry.ohiodnr.gov/hophornbeam
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, Gark, thistle and 9 others like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice load
    Did I see some white stuff in your weather forecast ?

    Warning triangle for the high traffic areas ? or so yo can see/find it in the woods. ?
     
    papadave likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's snowing at the moment but because of the rain we had last night, nothing is hanging around, some of the trails are real wet.

    The triangle is for the winter time when I'm plowing down at the road.
     
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Just wondering :)
    I found that having the orange milk crates on the atv
    helped me find it easier when I was cutting in the woods.
    DSCF3786.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo, HDRock, Shawn Curry and 3 others like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Zap, by hauling to the dump, did you mean throwing them in some of the holes or bad spots in the trails?
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks damp and chilly up there Zap! No white stuff here, but it sleeted quite a few times today, when there was wind.
     
  7. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Nice job. How much did they charge u to dump it
     
  8. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Wood dump=useable wood (like shoulder wood?)
    If you give it your time it must be useable
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not in any holes, just a big pile of junk wood out of the way,so far we have two....... one that I just started after clearing the Ravine.

    The wood dumps are on our property, there will be more next year when I'm clearing some new trails in different areas.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Will you lisir (leave it so it rots) or make one kickazz bonfire?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Rot, but we do have enough tops for a fire.
     
    HDRock and Well Seasoned like this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Well Seasoned likes this.