In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A chilly morning

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Backwoods Savage, Nov 2, 2014.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    19 degrees this morning.

    Around 8:00 last night I loaded the stove. At 11:00 today I added some more. That was a long burn but I have to admit the house did cool off quite a bit. It was only 72 in here when I added wood to the fire. Sweet!
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    That's colder than we had, when I made the coffee it was 31.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    That sure is chilly. Some great burn time. Do u shut the damper all the way once it starts roaring or do u leave it open a bit
     
    Drvn4wood likes this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    You'll probably get it tonight.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    They're calling for 23 with a realfeel of 6.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    We started a clear sunny day with 27. got up to 41. Down around 27 again tonight. The 2" of snow we woke up to yesterday morning was gone by mid morning. Deer season opens here tomorrow. We usually have a skif of snow by the 2nd week.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.