Nice warm Fall Sunday afternoon....finally got around to borrowing Dad's tripod from his old Super 8 camera.... Opened up one of the 2 old dead Black Walnut stump pieces from a nearby CL score in mid June. The 1-80 takes some getting used to,it stalled a few times when I forgot to prime the oiler....Oooops Once I woke up,that beast has torque like you wouldn't believe however!! And I think its even louder than the 125.Even with ear plugs it would be a problem after an hour or so of running time.That 9/16" pitch chain makes the BIGGEST noodles & chips I've ever seen!! And the legendary 125C needs no introduction
Yup. There's three 1/4-20 nuts that attach to three 1/4-20 x 3/4 flathead machine screws that hold that massive outer spike to the clutch cover...Don't remember why but I had 1 nylon locknut in the top hole,lower 2 were regular & had been working loose for a while.Lost them in that pile of mulch,but the short screws were still barely hanging on inside.... Never had a problem with the inner spike working loose,it uses same screws/nuts & is attached to the oil tank. 15 minutes later problem was solved - went to Ace Hardware a few blocks away,3 more locknuts for 15 cents each (bought an extra one in case one fell outta my pocket or something