In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cross country road trip

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by raybonz, Oct 26, 2014.

  1. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    So my oldest daughter is on a 6 week cross country road trip with her boyfriend in an old Ford van.. She is writing an interesting blog and thought I'd share it here.. Aimee is near and dear to my heart and always will be.. I am very fortunate to have such a great family! Enjoy!

    http://wildandpreciousaimee.blogspot.com/

    Ray
     
    BrianK, wildwest, NYCountry and 7 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Thanks for sharing Ray. I'll take a look and see whats shes up to.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    My 95lb daughter travels all over the country alone for her job, I try not to think about it. I hope your daughter has a safe and fun trip.
     
  4. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Think Aimee weighs about the same.. I do worry about her and they already encountered a bear on this trip camping in the back country.. Needless to say they slept very little that night!
     
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Well this trip should be a great experience with fond memories when she's older.
     
    Stinny and raybonz like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Hope she has a good time Ray.
     
  7. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    I am sure she will.. Aimee always makes the best of the situation..
     
  8. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,766
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Safe travels and adventure to her & her BF. I'll check out the blog later on...
     
    raybonz likes this.
  9. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Very cool. Wish her safe travels.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  10. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    It will an experience that she will never regret. She will tell people stories that will last a lifetime. May she have a safe journey...
     
    raybonz likes this.
  11. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Look forward to following her blog. No doubt a trip of a life time.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  12. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,655
    Likes Received:
    144,627
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    If they end up coming through SE Wyoming we have a big lot and BLM land next to us so they can rest safely. Let me know.
     
    BrianK, raybonz and eatonpcat like this.
  13. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    I will let them know.. Not sure of their itinerary..

    Thanks,
    Ray