In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I had to show my id to buy beer today

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Jack Straw, Nov 6, 2013.

  1. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I haven't been asked for my ID for around 20 years. I'm 48 and I look a lot older (lots of grey hair).:( Most of you guys are younger so you probably get id'd. The other funny part is the clerk took a long time doing the math in her head.:rofl: :lol:
     
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Did you pet her seeing eye dog while you were waiting?.........................LOL
     
    jtakeman, charlie and Jack Straw like this.
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    He was too busy humping my leg:rofl: :lol:
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I have never been ID'd, not even when I was 14.
     
  5. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Does he need a nail trim?
     
    Chvymn99 and Jack Straw like this.
  6. Oldhippie

    Oldhippie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    2,296
    Likes Received:
    6,531
    Location:
    Ashby Ma
    Too funny!
     
  7. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    TMI TMI ! :confused:
     
  9. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    From early April to mid October or so I'm clean shaven.Even with turning 50 not quite 2 months back its rare that I'm not ID'd at least twice over the summer months.But that hasn't happened during the winter for several years now.Getting quite a bit of grey in long winter beard,mostly on the chin so far.
     
  10. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,613
    Location:
    IN
    For a while we had a law in IN that required everyone to get carded. You could roll up to the checkout in a walker and you'd get carded. Now if you look less than 40 you're supposed to.
     
  11. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    I wouldn't be too sure about that younger remark, some of us are downright ancient, as an example I own patent #1 for dirt made from rock, it took a lot of hard work coming up with the first batch of dirt it was a good thing I was a lot younger back in those days.

    As for the mental math, do you really expect people to be able to do math after all that is what calculators are for yes/no?
     
    jtakeman, savemoney and Jack Straw like this.
  12. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You are so old! :zip:
    As for the clerks. The store owner should have had a date by the cash register so the clerks only have to know if the birth date was after that date. The store owner can get in so much trouble for not checking. This state runs sting operations trying to trap and fine the stores for selling tobacco or ETOH to underage customers. The owner can't risk leaving it to the clerk to do the math properly. My parents used to have a family store. At times, I would help on cash. The stories I would get about IDs were very creative. You couldn't believe the outbursts when we declined a sale. Most of the female customers were faltered that they were being checked to see if they were underage.
     
  13. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    When I get ID'd (by a female), I consider it flirtation.:drool:
     
    thistle likes this.