I was informed tonight that it is going to get down into the upper 30s and I need to light a fire I had no knowledge of this and was caught completely off guard. I have been running around trying to find everything and get a fire going I had to clean the stove too and I still haven't run a brush up there that was planned for next weekend Im not worried about it though that should be fine for a few evening fires this week. I couldn't remember where my gloves were or my super ceders the only thing I knew for sure where it was is the wood. finally found everything and got a small warm up fire going. I hope this isn't a sign of a harsh winter we usually don't need a fire until November.
Its not fun getting caught off guard. I looked at the forecast on Thursday and noticed the drop in temperature. I said let me clean my stove today so I can fire the bad boy up. The stove pipe wasnt dirty due to dry wood and high heat. Stay warm and run that brush asap winter is here
At least you have a stove and you can burn in it. You also have cleaning your pipe and flue on the radar, no worries, get to it as soon as you have a cold stove.
The cat has been engaged for the first time this winter. It's toasty in hear now so much better than that little 'lectric heater we have.
Alright, that's it.....turn in your FHC membership card right now mister. At least you recovered quickly and got things together. May have saved face right there.
All is well the wife just said "it's warm in here I'm going to get less clothes" on I think That should count for something right?
That's ok but you need to consider putting more wood on until someone else gets a few less clothes on.
So, on next year's calendar, for Labor Day weekend your chore to be written is to get everything around and ready for the first fire. Sort of like checking fire alarms, etc.