In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

To soon!

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by mattjm1017, Oct 19, 2014.

  1. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I was informed tonight that it is going to get down into the upper 30s and I need to light a fire:shiver::fire: I had no knowledge of this and was caught completely off guard. I have been running around trying to find everything and get a fire going I had to clean the stove too and I still haven't run a brush up there that was planned for next weekend Im not worried about it though that should be fine for a few evening fires this week. I couldn't remember where my gloves were or my super ceders the only thing I knew for sure where it was is the wood. finally found everything and got a small warm up fire going. I hope this isn't a sign of a harsh winter we usually don't need a fire until November.
     
    Well Seasoned and NYCountry like this.
  2. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Its not fun getting caught off guard. I looked at the forecast on Thursday and noticed the drop in temperature. I said let me clean my stove today so I can fire the bad boy up. The stove pipe wasnt dirty due to dry wood and high heat. Stay warm and run that brush asap winter is here
     
    Mitch Newton and mattjm1017 like this.
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    At least you have a stove and you can burn in it. You also have cleaning your pipe and flue on the radar, no worries, get to it as soon as you have a cold stove.
     
    mattjm1017, NYCountry and papadave like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Enjoy the warmth!
     
    mattjm1017 and NYCountry like this.
  5. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    The cat has been engaged for the first time this winter. It's toasty in hear now so much better than that little 'lectric heater we have.
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.

    Alright, that's it.....turn in your FHC membership card right now mister.:mad:
    At least you recovered quickly and got things together. May have saved face right there.:dancer:
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  7. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    All is well the wife just said "it's warm in here I'm going to get less clothes" on I think:dancer: That should count for something right?
     
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    That's ok but you need to consider putting more wood on until someone else gets a few less clothes on. :whistle:
     
  9. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    The wife said that not me. I fixed my post and added the appropriate punctuation.
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  10. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    AH HA......that's what I'm talkin bout.
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Well, you have just redeemed yourself.:rofl: :lol:
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  12. Machria

    Machria

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,430
    Likes Received:
    5,003
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Cold? It's supposed to hit 70 NEXT week! No kidding!
     
  13. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    So, on next year's calendar, for Labor Day weekend your chore to be written is to get everything around and ready for the first fire. Sort of like checking fire alarms, etc.