In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet brochure, is this accurate?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by wildwest, Oct 15, 2014.

  1. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,586
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    seems like its trading off for either lower fines or lower ash?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    That's an oldie, Confluence now owns Rocky Mountain pellet. As for accuracy? I ran 3 of the 4 on the list and the numbers weren't as far off as they claimed. Platinum turned out to be a better pellet than the eco flame IMHO and the Rocky Mountain was better than both from what I saw.

    I don't always believe what I see, As some is often smoke and mirrors. Just like one pellet dealer telling his customers that if the bought 3 tons of Douglas Fir pellets it would replace 4 tons of another. In actuality it would likely only be a 10% saving over the lower quality brand.
     
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    wildwest and savemoney like this.
  3. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    old data...old prices.....new world
     
    wildwest likes this.