In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Confirmed Addict?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by redneckdan, Oct 9, 2014.

  1. redneckdan

    redneckdan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    1,789
    Location:
    Northern Minnesota
    Spotted a small downed maple on the way to work at 5am this morning. Stopped to cut it up and rolled into the parking lot with some bolt wood in the bed. My coworkers think I am addicted to wood scrounging....
     
  2. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I dont see the problem here I thought that was normal:D
     
  3. redneckdan

    redneckdan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    1,789
    Location:
    Northern Minnesota
    Other than I was cutting across from sum doods house at 5am with an unmuffled mac10-10....
     
    NYCountry and swags like this.
  4. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Good luck getting anymore wood from around there...
     
    Gark, NYCountry and swags like this.
  5. redneckdan

    redneckdan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    1,789
    Location:
    Northern Minnesota
    Out in the middle of no where. I know the guy from work. He works the opposite shift and is the one who called me about it this morning. He likes to ride his race RM250 past my house in the summer when he gets off work early on saturday mornings. He was due for some two stroke harassment...:wacky:
     
    Loon, Shawn Curry, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I don't see anything wrong with it, better that you guys know each other.
    pay it forward is always nice
     
    swags likes this.
  7. redneckdan

    redneckdan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    1,789
    Location:
    Northern Minnesota
    And his lights were still on, indicating he most certainly was still awake. The way I worded my post probably communicated the misperception I am a total dickweed.

    I would never fire up a saw at such an ungodly hour in a more populated area, I don't imagine any one here would intentionally cause distress to innocent bystanders.

    I live in a pretty good neighborhood. Another neighbor keeps up a pretty steady barrage of mortar shells during Fourth of July week. Meh, to each their own. I can put up with it for a week if it makes him happy.
     
  8. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    I did the same thing the other day in the Bronx and I was in work attire " scrubs" if I see it I get it I dont care
     
    Shawn Curry, Chvymn99 and Gark like this.
  9. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Lol :rofl: :lol:

    Hey, messing with friends by running a loud azz saw at 5am sounds like my kind of fun :smoke:
     
    Shawn Curry and NYCountry like this.
  10. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,479
    Likes Received:
    113,743
    Location:
    KC Metro
    :D.... Your getting the hang of it....it shortly becomes a passion....:thumbs:
     
  11. redneckdan

    redneckdan

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    1,789
    Location:
    Northern Minnesota
    I was fairly heavy into bullet casting in college. I whipped a U-turn on a 6 lane divided highway on my KLR because I though I saw a wheel weight come off a big rig in opposing traffic. Turned out to be one of them humdingers that weighed darn near half a pound by itself....
     
    tfdchief likes this.
  12. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    Now that's funny. Only because I did that for a while myself