In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The OFFICIAL Firewood Hoarder's Club thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Scotty Overkill, Oct 4, 2013.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,023
    Likes Received:
    312,499
    Location:
    Central MI
  2. acknative25

    acknative25

    Joined:
    May 15, 2020
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    689
    Location:
    Martha's Vineyard
    Wife orchestrated a great score today, less than a mile from the house. Might be back for more this week. And she says we have “too much wood.” :rofl: :lol:

    IMG_5149.jpeg IMG_5150.jpeg
     
  3. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,867
    Likes Received:
    215,714
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    My kinda wife!

    What species are most prevalent on MV? Been going to BI for years and trees are a scarce commodity there.
     
  4. acknative25

    acknative25

    Joined:
    May 15, 2020
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    689
    Location:
    Martha's Vineyard
    Tons of pine here, but also some oak, cherry, and locust. Hardwoods are not easy to come by, but we try to take advantage of all the new construction/lot clearing that seems to happen more and more. I’ve never been to BI, maybe someday.
     
  5. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    Just joined but I've been on OPE forum awhile. Here's my stockpile, in the barn is 11x16 and 10-12 feet tall. And the trusty 4runner that drags it all home. 20261003_073121.jpg 20261003_151713.jpg 20261003_151719.jpg 20261003_151726.jpg
     
    KSPlainsman, Chaz, HDRock and 13 others like this.
  6. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    I've got a lead on 6 large cherry trees a farmer wants gone so that should be a nice haul.
     
    Chaz, Scotty Overkill, Chud and 6 others like this.
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,680
    Likes Received:
    130,993
    Location:
    Vermont
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,867
    Likes Received:
    215,714
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
  9. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    :D
    Thanks! I'm running out of room again.
     
    Chaz, MNWood, Chud and 4 others like this.
  10. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    And to top it all off I'm running a mastermind work saws 462 and a "mostly stock " 346xpne.
     
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,867
    Likes Received:
    215,714
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Sounds like it. Great to have connections.

    Been a while since I've cut any cherry. IIRC it was April.
     
    Chaz, Chud, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  12. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,680
    Likes Received:
    130,993
    Location:
    Vermont
    Need videos of that please
     
  13. Woodtroll

    Woodtroll

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2025
    Messages:
    561
    Likes Received:
    4,395
    Location:
    Mtns of SW VA
    Chaz, Chud, eatonpcat and 2 others like this.
  14. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    I can take a video but I doubt I can post it. I guess I need to start YouTube.
     
  15. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,867
    Likes Received:
    215,714
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    You take your saws serious too.

    I ran my 462 today. Just OEM stock. 346 a legendary saw.
     
    Chaz, Chud, eatonpcat and 1 other person like this.
  16. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,887
    Likes Received:
    121,713
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Welcome SAF. :handshake:
    Are they your only saws?
     
    Chaz, Chud, eatonpcat and 1 other person like this.
  17. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    I've got a 362 that was my first saw and I did a little too and a funky little ms250c that was given to me because no one else wanted it. They're both for sale now that I have the 462 and 346.
     
  18. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,265
    Likes Received:
    60,499
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  19. Saw addicted farmer

    Saw addicted farmer

    Joined:
    Tuesday
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    86
    Location:
    Illinois
    Chaz, MikeInMa and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  20. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,680
    Likes Received:
    130,993
    Location:
    Vermont
    buZZsaw BRAD and Chaz like this.