In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Marketplace Finds

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by rusty ranger 44, Oct 5, 2026 at 6:22 PM.

  1. rusty ranger 44

    rusty ranger 44

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2020
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    2,103
    Location:
    south central Pa
    the local marketplace was really good to me today with this load of Oak today. Still have another load to cut tomorrow.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,279
    Likes Received:
    54,270
    Location:
    NC
    Beauty rounds you got right there! I’d take that all day long.
     
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,883
    Likes Received:
    121,703
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Dang.. I’ve been scouring mp a bunch. Missed those..

    Nice score.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,023
    Likes Received:
    312,491
    Location:
    Central MI
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,770
    Likes Received:
    224,827
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Must've been fun loading that! My back feels a little bit more sore after viewing.........:handshake:
     
  6. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,866
    Likes Received:
    215,697
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Nice find! :thumbs: Nice splits will come from those.

    And like Dave stated my back hurts looking at the size of those. All the power to ya if you loaded them at your age! :salute:
     
  7. rusty ranger 44

    rusty ranger 44

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2020
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    2,103
    Location:
    south central Pa
    Thanks I got the second load today to finish up that stem. It was really close to me (under 2miles). I had to quarter the last 3 rounds as they were too big to handle. I thought that I was done for the year, however it is surly hard to pass up oak that is that nice and that close to me.
     
  8. rusty ranger 44

    rusty ranger 44

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2020
    Messages:
    348
    Likes Received:
    2,103
    Location:
    south central Pa
    Thanks Brad yes those were big, however they were really dry and did not feel that heavy, not like they were green and full of water. I really like to stay active.
     
  9. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,866
    Likes Received:
    215,697
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Fresh cut oak is definitely some heavy stuff.

    I like to stay active too but my back would rather be in the recliner! :rofl: :lol: